Tuesday, August 9, 2016

...and we're off....and now we're back....

If Andy and Emily get together to organise a holiday I'll be booking myself onto the Lord Lucan 2 week getaway break!


It's 10am and Andy has been up since 6 and, unlike yesterday's more sedate mode, he's like a primary school child at a birthday party....I have just woken up and am in the slow, calm and relaxed state... I may have to send him on a treasure hunt into town to get a bit of peace!  [Andy's Note:  Close friends and family will know what I mean when I say Angela is NOT good in the morning!  'Calm' and 'relaxed' are two words I would NOT use to describe her mood at this time!].


So, yesterday...as they say, what can I say!...usual start, jet wash shower, full English breakfast made Keith Floyd style in the on board kitchen (galley!)...set off on time at 2, here's some pictures...









...out into the Solent, a bit rough but Captain Pugwash reassures us it will be much smoother once we get out into open seas, then all hell breaks loose...I have discovered that the holes in the table are not cup holders but actually grab handles, Bustaaar has invented a new Olympic sport "deck skating" if only I could have got down below to put the radio on! And I had the obligatory ice bucket challenge, I'm packing the tankinis away, everytime I wear them I get soaked!...I'm sure I saw Ant and Dec in the harbour...


...I'M A GRANNY GET ME OUT OF HERE!...



I was reminded of the horrendous crossing from Plymouth to Roscough on New Year's Eve 1991, seven months pregnant and in a force 13 gale (or something like that)...and the hours of batterings in the RIBS when you at least were secured and not sliding around the seats like the Waltzers at the fair..I did turn green for a while and checked out the best place to be sick without falling over board...we hit one enormous wave so hard I am now 4' 6", Andy is going to put me in the medieval rack when we get home...


...surely we must be nearly there now, we've been doing this for hours, is that Weymouth? What do you mean no it's the Isle of Wight?...


...anyways, once we had moored up and lazed in the sun with a cup of tea all was forgotten and we went into town and discovered a quaint guest house that serves homemade food where Andy had the best looking steak I've seen in a long time and I had a delicious macaroni cheese.


...I am a bit tired as I run around the boat untying ropes and getting fenders in, then reversing the procedure at the other end of the journey, I 'walked' 20,000+ steps yesterday according to ifit, the aching muscles have calmed down a bit now though...Andy says he's exhausted, it is so hard steering the boat sitting down!


It's now 10.30 and he's having a beer (hopefully this will calm him down a little, if not I'm going to spike his lunch wth the dogs 'serene eez' tablets) I've sent him to make me a coffee so we should converge soon...off now, got lots of sunbathing to do....





No comments:

Post a Comment