Thursday, August 11, 2016

What's that awful smell?...

...is it the chemical toilet? is it the seaweed? is there a landfill site near by?...nope it's ME!


I put it off for as long as I could but the seagulls were starting to circle above me so I drew a deep breath and head down stomped purposely for the shower block!...


Andy had given comprehensive instructions on the layout (did he use the ladies?) and how to operate the shower (you can imagine) leaving one small detail out, the door code! not to worry, the door was wedged open...my shower rating for Brembridge Harbour facilities is 9 out of ten.  They are clean and functional, have not only a shower tidy for all your bits and pieces but also a grab rail which is essential for those like me who suffer from land wobble. The point loss is for the shower grout which could do with a comprehensive scrub and the unavailability of tissues/paper hand towels and the shower type which (although my worst fears of the water not being hot enough for me were unfounded) was a fixed mounting with a push button timed water jet, not a problem but I prefer to have more control...


If I may digress for a moment, there were 2 events yesterday that I omitted to mention, firstly the road of large house boats, some tastefully done others not so, they were interesting and gave pause for thought...and...The Incident with the Swans...a little background: I bought Bustaaar some Bakers dried dog food as a special treat, for those who are not familiar with this product they promote the 'real meat chunks' and any normal dog would eat these and leave the veg/cereal, not Bustaaar, he picks them out and leaves them! occasionally he will eat one just to check but mostly he eats round them...now Andy who has an aversion to leftovers was not at all impressed with my suggestion of saving the meaty bits and giving them to either Bobby or Chezzie (our kids dogs) so he sat on the back of the boat and threw them to the seagulls (that's a whole other conversation which I won't go into now), yep, good one, now we are surrounded by what looks like loads of little poos, that's not embarrassing at all! So the seagulls duly arrive and take the tasty morsels and I have turned my back on them whilst telling Andy to stop it, then all of a sudden Bustaaar goes crazy jumping and barking and trying to get past me and I turn round to be greeted by THREE massive Swans hissing and trying to get on the boat, more F*"£$%&^*&*(*(*&%£££"£%^^$$**&%^$£" and screeching and running away whilst trying to drag Bustaaar...apparently it was very funny and I don't need to be "such a drama queen" about it, that's easy for him to say it wasn't him the T-Rex sized birds were trying to eat!


...Anyway, today was relaxed, we didn't have the picnic on the beach but we did go for a walk and had an ice lolly. I made Andy walk further than he wanted but it was worth it because the end of the beach was deserted apart from a couple with a Jack Russell who was playing catch in the sea, Bustaaar wanted to join in so when we were a safe distance from them I went in the sea up to my shorts and held his lead while Andy threw stones into the sea for him to fetch.  He was completely baffled by them disappearing but loved swimming, we could have stayed for hours doing this but Andy got bored...I did some bare foot rock climbing much to Andy's terror and I found a log and rope swing hanging from a tree which I tried to mount, a similar experience to that of Granny trying to mount a lilo really, I couldn't get on and so abandoned the idea as Andy did not want to help me, boo...I don't think I'll take up horse riding...






...we had a Chinese (meal) delivered to the boat this evening, Andy only agreed to order it on condition that I did not save ANY leftovers (the fridge is the size of a lunchbox - and is already full of...leftovers!), so I agreed as long as I could feed them to the dog, the food was delicious eaten in the sunshine and light breeze and all three of us enjoyed it...(I have salvaged an unopened special fried rice to have tomorrow, shhhhhh keep it a secret)...




...most of the boats/yachts have gone during the day and the Harbour Master said that he would move us to a quieter spot tomorrow if we want to, so we probably will for as much as Andy enjoys chatting to the passers by, helping them dock and just people watching he doesn't want to be observed himself (so that's why he's been acting like a Russian spy, 'take your sunglasses off you look like a twit'!) so that will be tomorrows exciting installment to look forward to...


Bustaaar and me climbing on the rocks ....

..... and on the path with Castanet in the background!





No comments:

Post a Comment