Tuesday, August 9, 2016

St Tropez (aka Yarmouth)...

Well what a busy day that turned out to be, first we sunbathed on the foredeck, then we sunbathed in the cockpit (wtf?) then we converted the seating so we had a sun pad! I read my book and did some of my grown up dot to dot book pics (when you google this to find out about it please don't put in 'adult' that's a whole different thing that I didn't want to find out about!)...





We had quiche and salad for lunch,  custard creams with afternoon tea and a pub supper...

Being Cowes week there is a lot of nautical activity around the island so the harbours are pretty full, we have new neighbours today, brothers Bill and Robin (similar age to Andy and myself) who have clearly got a pass out for the week from the wives and are spending a lot of time in town drinking and, well I dread to think what else.  Bill has taken a bit of a shine to me, yet another reason to lock the tankinis away!..despite Andy's initial apprehension about the number of people moored here, by the time I woke up this morning he had decided he really liked the place. Today he has been busy doing man things, tying ropes and attaching fenders and polishing the boat and other exciting stuff...he gave me a quick refresher course on knots and a lecture on Ensign flags, who knew there was so much to learn on the subject, I'm not sure if I'll be taking an exam at the end of the holiday or whether I get a certificate...

I didn't have a shower today as it was too complicated and stressful..something about buying tokens for 6 minutes use and the meter is OUTSIDE the shower room and you can only put in one token at a time, I'm not sure Yarmouth was ready for a soapy naked Andy wearing a shower cap putting tokens into a meter in the car park this morning but maybe he'll make the front page of the local newspaper and become a local celebrity?

Not sure what our plans are for tomorrow yet, it got quite chilly earlier when the wind picked up (oh yeah, I had a lecture on wind speeds and weather definitions earlier too) so we'll make a decision in the morning..


Here is Bustaaar and me on a phenomenal bench...


No comments:

Post a Comment